What an Operation Staff do?
An Operations staff contributes to making an employer’s wheels run on less cost with fewer squeaks and bumps.
Responsibilities of an operations staff:
- Reviewing how various departments within an employer interact, share information, deal with customers, and do things like make joint purchases of supplies or outside services.
- Making recommendations on how to increase efficiencies, in order to save money, reduce cycle times, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Working with people at various levels in each department to gather information and see how they do their jobs.
- Developing training procedures and guidelines on how to perform duties better.
- Keeping management informed of trouble spots in advance before major problems occur, and proposing cost-effective solutions.
Main areas where operation staff is needed are Purchasing, Payments and Collections, Human Resources, IT, Scheduling and in companies that are related goods and supply.